Monday, June 16, 2008

Tamara de Lempicka Self Portrait in Green Bugatti painting

Tamara de Lempicka Self Portrait in Green Bugatti painting
Thomas Cole The Notch of the White Mountains (Crawford Notch) painting
" Just walk on a little way, dear, said Mrs. Barclay;" I want to have a word with this man. There is nothing to be afraid of. " She tried to speak boldly, but she was still deadly pale and could hardly get her words out for the trembling of her lips.
"' I did as she asked me, and they talked together for a few minutes. Then she came down the street with her eyes blazing, and I saw the crippled wretch standing by the lamp-post and shaking his clenched fists in the air as if he were mad with rage. She never said a word until we were at the door here, when she took me by the hand and begged me to tell no one what had happened.
"'" It's an old acquaintance of mine who has come down in the world, "said she. When I promised her I would say nothing she kissed me, and I have never seen her since. I have told you now the whole truth, and if I withheld it from the police it is because I did not realize then the danger in which my dear friend stood. I know that it can only be to her advantage that everything should be known. '

No comments: